About the Club
The Brighton Golf Club has existed in some form since the earliest records of Clubs in Victoria began in 1901. The Club has been at its current premises in Glencairn Ave since 1952, the course was completed in 1935.
The Brighton Golf Club is affiliated with all of the relevant governing bodies of golf in Australia, namely Golf Australia (formerly A.G.U. & W.G.A.), Golf Victoria (formerly V.G.U. and W.G.V.), Victorian Golf League and Victorian Women’s Golf League allowing it to schedule, organise and control competitions in which holders of official Australian Handicaps may compete for the purposes of maintaining their handicaps.
Official Australian Golf Handicaps may be obtained through the Club as it is authorised to allocate them and is linked by computer to the Golf Australia sponsored site of GolfLink which will calculate the initial handicap of new players and continuously update existing handicaps whenever members play golf at courses where this system is in use, which is the majority of Clubs.
To receive an official Australian handicap, men must complete three (3) cards played on the Brighton Public Golf Course and signed by a holder of an authorised Australian handicap and ladies must submit three (3) cards from any course but they must also be signed by a handicap holder. The authorised handicap holder need not be a member of the Brighton Golf Club.
CLICK HERE to view where we are located